Trade Regulations And Industrial Policies Mcqs
Trade Regulations And Industrial Policies Mcqs, this topic has 27 mcqs, It takes five to ten minutes to complete this free Trade Regulations And Industrial Policies Mcqs test. You will see 4 or 5 option of each question. You must choose / think only one option and then press on answer key for check right answer. Practice "Trade Regulations And Industrial Policies Mcqs" MCQs and share with your friends, brothers, sisters.
Trade Regulations And Industrial Policies Mcqs (Total Quiz: 27)
MCQ: The theory of suggests that government can assist domestic companies in capturing economic profits from foreign competitors ?
- international dumping
- countervailing duties
- Strategic trade policy
- export promotion policy
MCQ: The effect of the most favored nation (normal trade relations) clause is to ?
- eliminate all tariffs between countries
- increase all tariffs between countries
- maintain a nondiscriminatory structure of tariffs
- maintain a discriminatory structure of tariffs
MCQ: The result of antidumping tariffs is to ?
- increase consumer surplus in the importing country
- decrease producer surplus in the importing country
- impose a price floor on foreign prices in the importing country
- impose a price ceiling on foreign price in the importing country
MCQ: Concerning dumping, which of the following is true ?
- predatory dumping represents the most common form of dumping by U.S firms
- U.S firms can obtain protection from foreign dumping, even though this protection tends to harm overall U.S welfare
- dumping can never be a profit-maximizing strategy for U.S firms to pursue
- U.S firms rarely if ever, engage in distress dumping or persistent dumping
MCQ: ________ protection such as the escape clause, provide temporary protection to domestic industries facing competition from fairly traded foreign goods?
- generalized system of preference
- countervailing duty
- domestic content
MCQ: Antidumping duties applied to imported goods ?
- are abolished by the World Trade Organization
- result in decreases in consumer surplus for domestic households
- are imposed by industrial countries but not developing countries
- result in lower-priced goods for domestic consumers
MCQ: The World Trade Organization is sometimes criticized for all of the following reasons except?
- it reduces the sovereignty of member countries
- favors free trade over the quality of the environment
- it has no way to solve trade disputes among member countries
- it is a puppet of multinational corporations
MCQ: Compared to what occurred under free trade, Mexico’s producer surplus ____ and consumer surplus ____ as a result of the subsidy Use the figure that you have plotted to calculate the amounts ?
- decreases, decreases
- decreases, increases
- increases, decreases
- increases, increases
MCQ: Under free trade suppose that Japan can supply radios t mexico at the price of $45 Therefore, Mexico’s imports equal ?
- 5 radios
- 10 radios
- 15 radios
- zero radios
MCQ: Those who argue in favor of import protection generally give the impression that such restricted trade will?
- decrease the level of national security
- provide benefits to some particular industry
- provide benefits to the entire nation
- not yield welfare losses for the nation