The External Debt & Financial Crises Mcqs
The External Debt & Financial Crises Mcqs, this topic has 19 mcqs, It takes five to ten minutes to complete this free The External Debt & Financial Crises Mcqs test. You will see 4 or 5 option of each question. You must choose / think only one option and then press on answer key for check right answer. Practice "The External Debt & Financial Crises Mcqs" MCQs and share with your friends, brothers, sisters.
The External Debt & Financial Crises Mcqs (Total Quiz: 19)
MCQ: The Baker plan (1985) stressed _______ and the Brady Plan (1989) emphasized _______ respectively?
- IMF decentralization; World Bank dissolution
- new loans from multilateral agencies and surplus countries; debt reduction or write-downs
- structural adjustment loans for LDCs experiencing unanticipated external shocks; renewed emphases on macroeconomic stabilization programs
- debt relief for at leas three-fourths of the eligible HIPCs; shorter requirements for adjustment programs
MCQ: Which of the following statement is Not true ?
- The ratio of debt service to GNP is very good indicator of the debt burden
- Many large LDC debtors borrowed heavily because of their excellent international credit ratings
- Middle income countries account for almost four-fifths of the total outstanding debt of all LDCs
- The debt-burden of sub Saharan African countries may be as heavy as for middle income countries
MCQ: Shortly after 1979 World Bank introduced loans that emphasized reforms in trade, agriculture industry public enterprise financial energy education or other sectors and were known as ?
- Structural adjustment loans
- sectoral adjustment loans
- internal adjustment loans
- external leverage loans
MCQ: Initial conditions in the year before the crisis in Thailand Indonesia Malaysia the Philippines and Korea in 1997 indicate that ?
i. capital inflows/GDP were very low
ii. Nonperforming bank loan ratios were high
iii. current account deficits were high
iv. credit growth was fast
- I and IV only
- II and III only
- I, II and III only
- II, III and IV only
MCQ: Which of the following country was not a major LDC debtor in 2001 ?
MCQ: The debt-service ratio is the______________?
- long-term debt divided by GDP of a country in a given year
- interest and principle payments divided by exports of goods and services
- ratio of debt net of portfolio investment financing and foreign direct investment
- default and reschedule debt minus annual export revenues that must be devoted to paying interest
MCQ: Which of the following is will NOT reduce capital flight from source countries ?
- dependable positive real interest rates
- higher taxes on capital gains
- more efficient state enterprises
- market liberalization
MCQ: Which of the following is Not true about external debt ?
- External debt accumulates with international balance on goods services and income deficcits
- When debts are denominated in U.S dollars their appreciation during the 1990s increased the cost of servicing such debts
- In the 19901s LDCs relied increasingly on aid from DCs
- International lenders required LDC governments to guarantee private debt
MCQ: In 1990, during the Persian Gulf War, the U.S government extended generous terms to two middle-income countries by canceling or reducing their debt The two countries were ?
- Iraq and Iran
- Egypt and Poland
- Pakistan and Afghanistan
- Saudi Arabia and Jordan
MCQ: Highly-indebted poor countries (HIPCs) include________________?
- I and II only
- I, II , III only
- I, III and IV only
- I, II , III and IV