Switchgear & Protection Test Question
Switchgear & Protection Test Question, this topic has 192 mcqs, It takes five to ten minutes to complete this free Switchgear & Protection Test Question test. You will see 4 or 5 option of each question. You must choose / think only one option and then press on answer key for check right answer. Practice "Switchgear & Protection Test Question" MCQs and share with your friends, brothers, sisters.
Switchgear & Protection Test Question (Total Quiz: 192)
MCQ: What is switchgear?
- An apparatus used for switching, controlling and protecting the electrical circuits and equipments.
- It detects the faults only.
- It corrects the faults only.
- All of the above.
MCQ: What is the primary principle of a fuse?
- Open the circuit.
- Protect the appliance.
- Protect the line.
- Prevent excess current from flowing into the line.
MCQ: When does the circuit breaker operate in the line?
- When power is to be supplied.
- When the line is to be tested.
- Whenever the fault occurs in the line.
- Whenever the switch and the relay has to be operated.
MCQ: Which device sends the information to the circuit breaker to interrupt the circuit in case of fault?
- Circuit breaker itself does this function.
MCQ: Which material is used for the manufacture of bus bars?
- Aluminium rods.
- Copper rods.
- Any conducting material.
- Made of silver.
MCQ: How is the bus bars rated?
- Current only.
- Voltage only.
- Current, voltage and frequency.
- Current, voltage, frequency and short circuit current.
MCQ: Which among these are the main characteristics of a fuse element?
- Low melting point
- High conductivity
- Least deterioration due to oxidation
- All of the above
MCQ: Which among the following statement is true related to fuse?
- Greater the current smaller is the time taken by the fuse to blow out.
- Greater the current greater is the time taken by the fuse to blow out.
- The current is directly proportion to the blow out time of fuse.
- Is dependent on the temperature and atmospheric conditions.
MCQ: Which among these is the least expensive protection for over current in low voltage system?
- Rewirable fuse.
- Circuit breaker.
- Air breaker switch.
MCQ: For a current upto 10A which material is used as the fusing element?
- Alloy of lead and tin