Supply-Side Policies & Sources of Comparative Advantage Mcqs
Supply-Side Policies & Sources of Comparative Advantage Mcqs, this topic has 53 mcqs, It takes five to ten minutes to complete this free Supply-Side Policies & Sources of Comparative Advantage Mcqs test. You will see 4 or 5 option of each question. You must choose / think only one option and then press on answer key for check right answer. Practice "Supply-Side Policies & Sources of Comparative Advantage Mcqs" MCQs and share with your friends, brothers, sisters.
Supply-Side Policies & Sources of Comparative Advantage Mcqs (Total Quiz: 53)
MCQ: Interventionist policies to restore regional imbalance focus on ?
- subsidies to encourage firms that moves
- tax concessions for firms that move.
- improved infrastructure
- all of the above
MCQ: A way of helping depressed regions by having lower wages lower local taxes and lower unemployment benefit has been suggested as ?
- market-orientated economists
- left-wing theorists
MCQ: Privatization is the transfer of ?
- publicly held stock to private individuals
- corporately owned businesses to individuals
- government businesses to the private sector.
- privately owned businesses to the government sector
MCQ: Reaganomics was a radical shift in policy aimed at directly tackling ?
- the charities economy
- the demand side of the economy
- the underground economy
- the supply side of the country
MCQ: According to supply-side economists, as tax rates are reduced, labor supply should increase. This implies that ?
- there is no income effect when tax rates are changed
- the income effect of a wage change is greater than the substitution effect of a wage change.
- there is no substitution effect when tax rates are changed
- the substitution effect of a wage change is greater than the income effect of a wage change
MCQ: Which of the following would be considered a supply-side policy ?
- An increase in the minimum wage that would cause consumer spending to increase
- investment tax credits for businesses to encourage investment
- Restrictions placed on the amount that can be imported.
- An increase in government spending that would lead to increased aggregate demand
MCQ: The success of regional and urban policies has been limited by ?
- bad luck
- poor communications
- the low level of government grants and by the fact that some projects would have gone ahead anyway
MCQ: A way helping depressed regions by having wage subsidies lower business taxes and capital subsidies has been suggested as ?
- New classical economists.
- Left wing theorists
- interventionist policies.
MCQ: Which of the following statements supports deregulation of industries ?
- Technological change has made it possible for many industries to become more competitive
- Because few real natural monopolies exist, there is rarely a reason for government regulation.
- Many instances of government regulation have succeeded in reducing competition in industries where competition may be beneficial
- All of the above
MCQ: New classical economists advocate reducing welfare payments to people who are unemployed or single parents. The economic reasoning used was that this would ?
- reduce poverty
- reduce unemployment
- weaken the power of trade unions
- help small businesses